Sunday, March 20, 2011

Crowdsourcing Voiceovers

Our students are working towards the final days before we produce our first TV magazine style show for our division. The first show is about health and wellness initiatives in our division.

Along with a lot of leg work my Nicole Garner and myself, we have created an intro in Apple's Motion that has our division logo and mission statement before the title of the show. The show's title is going to be "Northern Lights Spotlight".

I thought it would be cool to crowdsource the voiceovers and ask you, my tweeps to provide their voices by having you record the division's mission statement. I'll then mash them together along with the intro music to make a cool into. So if you're up to helping me here's a grainy look at the template I've chosen from Motion:

Now, here's what I need you to do:

1. Use a USB mic, or a mic that you can input into your computer directly.

2. Record your voice in Garageband or Audacity or other recording program. If you don't have anything, you can use Aviary's Myna and record it directly into the web based recording studio. Make sure you are in a quiet place that doesn't have a lot of echos (don't record it in your bathroom! :P)

The script I need you to read is:

"Working together to help every student learn and excel... this is the Northern Lights Spotlight" (with a distinct pause before the second part)

3. Email me an .mp3 file of your recording. My email is coolpoolteacher (at) gmail.com.


Thanks so much for helping me out! I'll add the name of whoever sends me a recording in our show's end credits! You guys rock!!

1 comment: